Saturday 14 December 2013

Poster inspiration

As well as our film trailer, I wanted to begin to look at inspiration for my ancillary products; my magazine cover and film poster. I started off by looking at film posters for 'Let the Right One In', from which we gained inspiration for our trailer, and I found many interesting film posters for the film (as shown below).
I like these posters as they give a feeling of mystery - the face of the main characters are hidden/ distorted and in the last poster, they are not shown at all. Instead, the focus is on the hands of the characters, and the colours in all posters are desaturated, apart from the vibrant red blood in the third one. I also really like the composition of the last one, with the drop of blood suspended in the air. I will use these as inspiration for my poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment