Sunday 29 December 2013

Film Poster font options

Another important component of a film poster is the choice of font. I didn't want to use a font that was unprofessional looking like Times New Roman or Comic Sans, so I decided to look on font website 'Dafont' for suitable options. There were so many options on this website, and I wasn't sure whether to use a serif or sans serif font, so I did a simple google search for 'Horror film posters'. Here are some of the posters that I saw;
As you can see, serif fonts seem to be the most popular for horror film posters, so I looked on the serif section of Dafont. I narrowed it down to 3 fonts, which looked like this;
Although they all look relatively similar, I decided to go with the middle one because of the enlarged first letter. I really like this font as it is quite bold and looks the most professional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment