Tuesday 17 September 2013

Horror genre mood board


After looking at many horror film marketing campaigns, I decided to create a mood board of images that are typical of the horror genre. I included images that I thought may help me when creating my own trailer - stills from films such as the Swedish horror film 'Let the Right One In' (2008) and Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining'  (1980) will provide me with visual inspiration. One still from the silent film 'Nosferatu' (1922) is probably one of the most recognisable images from horror film genre. I've also included some images from films that aren't from the horror genre, such as 'Amelie' (2001) and Ridley Scott's sci-fi film 'Blade Runner' (1982). The reason I did this was because in both of these films I like the use of lighting, cinematography and editing: in Amelie, the use of green filters and cantered angles gives it an eerie atmosphere (despite the fact that it is not a horror film) and in Blade Runner, blue filters and the use of bright white lighting gives it a feel of a horror film. I added images of posters (from films such as 'The Exorcist' (1973) and 'The Woman in Black' (2012) as the artwork/ photography caught my eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment