Sunday 20 October 2013

Location Ideas

Before we begin shooting, we have decided to look at possible locations for filming our trailer. Due to the synopsis of our film, obviously there needs to be shots of Paris. In the summer, I visited the city and got several establishing shots. I think that the view from the apartment that I was staying in provided the right atmosphere for the film, and shots I managed to get of the Eiffel Tower would allow the viewer to instantly recognise the location. Below are some photographs that I took while in Paris, where I filmed several shots that we will use.
As well as this, we also need to get shots of Ellie in the airport, on methods of transport and even a shot of a plane in flight. I think that either Liverpool John Lennon airport or Manchester airport will allow us to get the shots that we need - both airports have areas where you can view planes taking off where filming could take place.    

Also, filming in the Parisian apartment for all of the shots was not possible, so we had to try to scout a location to use. We have looked at several houses that we could use, however, Ellie lives in a large Victorian house in Crosby, complete with wooden floors, high ceilings and a very large attic. I think this would be a good location for filming, as the aesthetics of her old house would be similar to that of a Parisian apartment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment